Public Access

What is public access?

Members of the public may now go directly to a barrister without having to involve an instructing solicitor or other intermediary. In the past it was necessary for clients to use a solicitor or other recognised third party through whom the barrister would be instructed.

Although the barrister’s role remains essentially the same, members of the public may instruct a barrister directly through the public access scheme.

Public access is available for all the following areas of work:

Administrative, Care Proceedings, Civil Liberties, Common Land, Common Law, Discrimination, Education, Employment, Family, Family Provision, Foreign Law, Housing, Healthcare, Immigration, Medical Negligence, Mental Health, Person Injury, Private International, Public International, Sports, Town and Country Planning.

Contact chambers for more details using the form below